There are some things we cannot help avoiding, like overexposure to sunlight and making facial expressions like frowning, smiling, or squinting. But did you realize that it’s things like these that can help cause under eye wrinkles to appear, and even to make them look worse?
Even people who are in their 20’s and 30’s can get wrinkles under their eyes. So what can you do to treat them? And what can you do to prevent their appearance in the future?
Here are several tips to assist you in your quest to get rid of under eye wrinkles.
- Avoid too much exposure to the sun. Staying out too long in the sun can add to the harm done by free radicals to your skin. These free radicals are major causes of the premature aging of your skin. Don’t forget to shield yourself from ultraviolet rays by wearing a wide-brimmed hat, using a parasol, and putting on a pair of high-quality sunglasses. Also, remember that your skin can sustain damage from ultraviolet radiation even on cloudy days.
- Moisturize your skin. One way to accomplish this is to use a moisturizer that has effective and skin-friendly emollients that are easily absorbed by your pores. And don’t forget to drink plenty of water! It’s essential for keeping the skin well-hydrated.
- Become more physically active. Exercise improves your body’s circulatory system, and this in turn affects the health of your skin cells. You don’t need vigorous workouts every day to achieve this. Changing some of your movements in your everyday routine helps a lot too. For example, take the stairs instead of the riding the elevator; park your vehicle some distance away from the entrance of your destination. The walk will be good for you.
- Add more healthful foods to your meals. Fast-food is a big part of almost everybody’s daily life nowadays. Sure, they’re quick, cheap, and convenient, and sometimes they can taste pretty good too. If giving up fast-food is something you can’t bring yourself to do, then you should at least add more healthful types of food to your meals. Eat more vegetables in the form of a salad, or chew on some fruit for a snack.
- Say no to tobacco and alcohol. Or at least reduce your intake. Smoking dries out the skin, making it more likely for wrinkles to appear. Same goes for alcoholic drinks.
- Use an effective and skin-friendly eye gel. A good anti-aging skin care product contains ingredients such as peptides that enrich the skin and improve its integrity from the inside out.
You can’t stop yourself from making facial expressions, but the advice outlined above have been proven to work well when it comes to treating wrinkles under eyes. Incorporate them into your lifestyle and you’ll find yourself with beautiful, healthy skin that makes you look and feel younger.